Sunday, December 27, 2009

When in Dallas

















I think it's safe to say, most people don't visit Dallas unless they have family or work there. While growing up I wouldn't have had much to tell you about it either because we didn't typically visit all of the sights unless it was a museum, movie theater or sub-par mall. But, now that I am older I try to take advantage of the trips to visit my family as much as possible. This last trip ended up being a shopping trip because everybody else was sick, but I place all of the other "to-do's" on my list below.

Over the years I've tried to figure out the best places to buy all of those old Chanel jackets that the rich, big-haired Dallas women throw out in perfectly good condition. I knew it existed, but it was ever so elusive. Finally, this time I used my super Google powers (I work in search marketing) and got lucky. Clotheshorse Anonymous moved to the top of my list to visit.

















Never-worn Miu Miu flats

I was not even remotely disappointed! While I found a yellow Chanel suit for only $600, it was too matronly for my taste. But, there were plenty of other goods available to keep me happy, including a wall of new and vintage furs and fur hats, formal dresses, David Yurman jewelry, Chloe tops, Diane Von Furstenberg dresses, high-end handbags with the tags still on them, tons of Tory Burch, and never-worn shoes. I personally took home the Miu Miu shoes above and a really cute silk dress for only $150.

The hard part about shopping at Clotheshorse Anonymous is sifting through what's practical and what's not. I could have easily spent a fortune in this place and never worn half of the stuff. So I suggest you stay strong and make sure it's something you'll actually use before you walk out. Just remember, that sparkly dress with the tag still on it seemed like a good idea to the former owner too!

Other great things in Dallas:

- View the new Winspear Opera House
(by Pritzker Prize-winning architect Norman Foster)
- See Big Tex at the Texas State Fair and eat fried anything
- Watch Texas kill Oklahoma at the Red River Shootout (at the fair)
- Eat BBQ at Sonny Bryan's original location

Dallas photo found here.

No comments: